Belated New Year Greetings

It’s almost a year since I’ve written my blog. This is a tentative return, and I’ve no idea if it’s a one-off, occasional or something more permanent.

Image result for tentative

It feels scary trying again, and have I got anything to say any more? I seemed to lose so much during the last year. Besides my confidence to drive on the motorway, some of my hair, my ability to walk very far, I stopped writing, teaching, performing, giving talks, singing, having fun, reading anything of any substance, and I don’t know if I can get any of it back.

Recently I’ve posted a couple of things on Facebook, and people immediately say oh, you’re back! But I don’t feel as if I’m back, not as I was anyway, but rather clinging on.

Image result for clinging to the wreckage

I came out of the awful effects of chemotherapy straight into the throes of another condition, which has involved numerous trips to a hospital in Bath, and loads of horrible tests, and it’s only in the last couple of months that I’ve felt okayish. I won’t dwell on last year, as it’s a time to look forward, but I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to!

At the moment, I don’t feel as if I want to write. It might be a new year, but there’s no new chapter one. Well, that’s not strictly true – last year was the first chapter in the life of a new little granddaughter. She brings as much joy as my big granddaughter. I’m lucky. Perhaps I should be satisfied with that for now!

Categorised in: , ,

1. Rosemarie says:

Confidence is transient – talent is here to stay. Great to hear from you, even if, for now, it’s only “hello”. X

2. A difficult blog to write I’m sure. With all our love – Derek and Maggie.

3. Donna Whitehouse says:

Lindsay,
    It’s lovely to see you at least trying to write and then publishing an update to your blog. It’s a start, even if you don’t publish another one for another year.
    Do what you can and we’ll all be here to support you and show you our love.

Donna
    xx

4. Chelle says:

It’s lovely to hear an update from you. And whenever you decide to drop in, we’re all here for you, supporting in whatever way we can. Blogs aren’t supposed to be a regimented thing anyway, they’re a dip in and out. Soon it will be spring, tulips and snowdrops to look forward to. Focus on the little things.

Thank you so much for your lovely supportive comments. They mean a lot to me. I worried I sounded a bit churlish when I said people say ‘oh, you’re back’ on FB. It’s only that it makes me to feel under pressure to be ‘back’!

6. Debbie Young says:

Hello Lindsay, how lovely to see a post from you drop into my inbox. Thank you so much for writing it, even though you’re not feeling like writing – and you put it all so well. I really hope 2018 brings you new strength and energy and inspiration. xx

Mirroring and forwarding all of the above comments, Lindsay. Lovely to see a blog from you, beautifully written, expressive, engaging yet succinct…got to love it 😄 Hope to see you soon x

Thank you, Debbie and Polly. As I said before, I’m very grateful for the lovely, supportive comments – I AM lucky!

9. I’ve only just spotted this. I do hope you gain things back in 2018 especially having fun. Good to read your blog again too