The Launch!

Launch 1 025October 25th – that long-awaited day on my calendar – came and went. I can’t believe it’s already ten days ago, and this post on the launch is long overdue. So, how did it go?

After all my anxiety and neurosis beforehand, it turned out to be a wonderful occasion. Lots of people were there to help me celebrate. Cinnamon Press sold lots of copies of The Piano Player’s Son – this is the queue for the book table. Launch 1 105

And afterwards loads of people said how much they’d enjoyed it.

Here is the evidence that, despite everything, I actually enjoyed it too!Launch 1 086 - editedThe atmosphere in the room was great – a big buzz of chat beforehand, and the group Slow Train entertaining people as they arrived, although at one stage it looked as if they’d lost their vocalistLaunch 1 007 – she went that way!

And then lovely Amanda Bonnick was there – Launch 1 027

They also played and sang beautifully at the end. And I now know what rootsy music is – and it’s great!

Mat Brockington – a brilliant actor as well as a versatile member of Slow Train playing a number of different instruments – performed a wonderful rendition of my parody To Write or Not to Write:

Launch 1 095

As well as Slow Train, we were entertained by Amy Rainbow and Gary Longden performing their wonderful poetic duo about the difficulties of relationships.  Amy and Gary performing their set:

Launch 1 043

Launch 1 041

Trevor Stanberry-Flynn also Played Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata for us beautifully!  Launch 1 090

Oh, and I signed books! Launch 1 056

And my favourite picture of all – the one that it’s all about – is of the books.

Launch 1 063And all that remains now is for people to buy it! It’s available from Amazon as a print and ebook, from Cinnamon Press and to order from all good bookshops. Go on – you know you want to!

Categorised in: , , , , ,

1. Christine Steenfeldt says:

It was indeed a wonderful evening-thank you for inviting me to share it with you. I’m immersed in The Piano Player’s Son at the moment and I’m really enjoying it!

Delighted to hear you enjoyed the evening, Christine. It was a great relief for me that it went so well.I’m pleased you’re enjoying PP’s Son too – hope it continues!

3. Sounds amazing with so many other things going on as well. What a feat of organisation and What a really Fun night I missed. the books look fab on that cloth!!!

It was pretty good, Becky (probably shouldn’t say that myself!), and a great relief that it all came together so well. I love that picture of the books with the music background!

5. Thank you for a lovely evening. I liked all your readings. My favourite part was To write or Not to write – definitely sparked recognition from quite a few of the audience!

Thanks, Sarah. Glad you enjoyed it. My To Write or Not to Write was definitely heartfelt, and I think Mat did a brilliant job with it.

7. Wow, looks like you had a great launch there Lindsay, the books look great, well done.

8. Derek says:

Brilliant Lindsay. We had a great evening.

Glad you enjoyed the evening, Derek.

Thanks, Garrie. Yes, I was very relieved that it all went so well. Glad you think the book looks good too – I wanted to give it a good send off!

11. Linda Sellers says:

So sorry that we weren’t there to share the evening with you – so glad it all went so well. I too am so looking forward to reading the Piano Player’s Son

Thanks, Linda. I was sad you couldn’t be there, especially as you were my Bath Spa MA ‘minders’! Catch up soon.

13. Caroline says:

I’m so pleased it went well. Perfect in every detail, including the books and the cloth. I shall have to get you to sign my copy now.

Glad you approve, Caroline. As I said before, I do love that picture of the books on the music background, so I’m pleased you like it.