Final Countdown!

Launch day for The Piano Player’s Son minus Balloons for 3 yearsI know that’s the same image I used for Unravelling’s anniversary earlier this year, but somehow it seems appropriate to let them share as they’re both my ‘babies’!

It was lovely at the book group evening I went to last night to be able to talk about both of them at last. It was a great event with wine and nibbles. They made me very welcome and gave me some lovely flowers at the end. There were people there from several different reading groups, so it was a good crowd and they asked some interesting questions. It seemed a bit daunting to be introduced as part of Warwickshire’s Fun with Words fortnight, but we did have a few laughs along the way. I sold some books – my first for The Piano Player’s Son – and talking about the characters and the ideas behind the books made me feel enthusiastic about and longing to get back to my current novel, so that’s a definite result.

And what of today, launch day minus three? This afternoon I’m heading to the recording studio to be on Tammy Gooding’s show on BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester! I’m going to be talking about the launch of PP’s Son and my Noah’s stories in collaboration with the English Symphony Orchestra. Oh!!

Categorised in: , , , , ,

1. Debbie Young says:

Gosh, what an exciting week for you, Lindsay – I hope you’re planning a restful weekend after all that! Really looking forward to your Friday launch. Have fun at the radio station – and to picking up my copy of The Piano Player’s Son for a half-term holiday read!

Thanks, Debbie. I think I just about remember what restful weeks are! Looking forward to meeting you at the launch.

3. Chelle says:

Sounds like you’ve lots of exciting things going on! Gutted I can’t make the launch, but I am very much looking forward to reading PPS. Just remember to take time out this week for YOURSELF. Even if it’s just locking yourself in the loo for ten minutes, away from the hustle and bustle! Enjoy every second, you deserve it – the enthusiasm, the flowers, the nice comments – you’ve worked hard.

Thanks for all that, Michelle. I’m sorry you can’t make the launch, but hope you enjoy the book. I’m trying to enjoy it all, but every so often panic overtakes me!

5. Christine Steenfeldt says:

Exciting stuff! Are you ‘live’ this afternoon? If not, do you know when it will go out? Good luck, if I’m allowed to say that when it’s radio!

6. Christine Steenfeldt says:

Me again! I’ve just finished the last of the flashes on the ESO website. They are very very good. My favourite is either the last one or Water. Well done!

Thanks for both comments, Christine. It’s live as far as I know. I’m glad you like the Noah flashes. I wanted to make Water different in tone and style, so I’m pleased you think it works. The whole project was fun to do.