Well, here it is!

First the good news:

Live Word Stars Fireworks In-Person Performance AppearanceMy new website is up, running – LIVE!

I’m really pleased with it. I like the design and I’m hoping the functionality will be good as well. With ‘The Piano Player’s Son’ due out in October, the website provides me with more opportunity to write about it and generally show off my ‘new baby’. Hope there won’t be any tantrums from three-year-old ‘Unravelling’ now that it has to share the attention.

There are things I want to add and I’m expecting some tweaking to occur as I see how well (or not) everything goes.

Headache

Now the bad news:

During the changeover, I appear to have lost my subscribers. I’m really upset about this as I value everyone who subscribes, and it’s lovely when people comment. I’m hoping to retrieve the list, but don’t know whether I can, and I’m trying not to be too impatient – not easy!

It’s particularly annoying as I’m waiting to post a Q and A session with Caroline Davies, another Cinnamon author, whose wonderful collection ‘Convoy’ was launched last week.

In the meantime – while I recover from my headache – I’d love to hear from anyone who does read this post as to the verdict on the new website.Β  Is it √ or X?

Categorised in: , , ,

1. Christine Steenfeldt says:

I love it-congratulations! It’s colourful, easy to navigate and all in all a professional job. One thing-I didn’t see a Writers Alphabet on the site. Is tha yet to come or am I being stupid?

2. Elly says:

Just a quick comment to let you know that I’ve subscribed to your new web site and it’s very spiffy πŸ™‚ The design and colours are attractive, and pull me in – and most importantly it’s overall READABILITY scores high!! That’s my opinion πŸ™‚ Looks like you’ve paid very careful attention to make it easy and enjoyable to read . I’ll explore more soon.

Elly

Thank you, Christine. Glad you like it. It’s caused quite a few headaches along the way. I hesitate to suggest the latter re ‘A Writer’s Alphabet’, but it is there. The cover is on on the Welcome page and there’s more about it on the Other Writing page.

Thanks so much, Elly, for subscribing and for the ‘spiffy’ comment! I’m glad you think it’s attractive and its readability is good – that’s what I was hoping for.

5. Christine Steenfeldt says:

I knew that-I was just testing to see how well you knew your own site! (I really do need my eyesight checking- I looked for it, honestly)

Looking good, ma’am, clean and clear. So pleased that you’re happy with it.

Thanks, Polly. Not sure I’d use the word ‘happy’ yet – need to recover from the trauma first, and sad about my loss of subscribers.

You might say that, Christine. I couldn’t possibly … !!!

9. Debbie Young says:

Love it! Really clear, easy to navigate, professional looking yet also soft and feminine, if you see what I mean! Personally, I find it a bit tricky to white text reversed out of a dark background (but that’s just my age – blame my varifocals!) but as each page is succinct, and the text is a very legible serif face, and nicely spaced, I don’t think that’s an issue here. By the way, I REALLY like the cover of “The Piano Player’s Son” (I think I’ve told you before how much I like the cover of”Unravelling”). I’ve now subscribed! πŸ™‚

Wonderful, Debbie! Really value your opinion with all your expertise. I did anguish about the white text on dark background – apart from being potentially more difficult to read, it’s not what we’re used to – I decided in the end that I liked it. And so glad you like the covers. Phew!