Unravelling’s Anniversary

In May it will be three years since the publication of ‘Unravelling’! Hip hip hooray! Three cheers for ‘Unravelling’. Its success in that time has surpassed my dreams. As well as all the lovely readers (some of you I know are included) who have told me how much they enjoyed it, it has won. three awards and had some fantastic reviews on Amazon. Most recently, it came third in a book cover competition run by Jo Phillips where some wonderful covers were nominated. Apparently hundreds of people voted in the competition.

I’m very proud of my ‘baby’! And I’d like to celebrate the anniversary of its publication. This is where I need your help. I’m looking for ways to mark the fact that it’s no longer a baby, not even a toddler! Has anyone got any brilliant, or even mediocre, or simply downright silly –  ideas for a celebration?

I’m hoping to publish my anthology ‘A Writer’s Alphabet’ around the same time and will give away three copies of that, as well as three copies of ‘Unravelling’, but I’d love to hear other people’s ideas.

Categorised in: , , , ,

Sorry – link to Jo Phillips’ blog didn’t work first time. Think it’s sorted now.

Hi there- congratulations! Both on your baby’s forthcoming birthday and the 3rd place for the cover. I’ve just tried the link and it didn’t work for me. In dog years, that makes Unravelling 21 so you could consider a dog-related celebration. Only joking. I’ll give it some thought and if I come up with anything I’ll let you know!

Sorry about the link. I thought I’d put it right, but I’ll have to have another go!
    Don’t think a dog-related clelbration would do – bit of a dearth of dogs in my novels, except the one I’m working on now.
    Look forward to hearing any ideas!

Just tried to set the link again – third time lucky?!

5. Hi Lindsay, thanks for having a link to my blog. I nominated Unravelling myself, so I was glad it came third! And it was a close run thing. Unravelling was the first ‘indie’ published book I read, and for me you set the benchmark in terms of quality of writing and of production. I think I’m due for another reading soon 🙂
    So, ideas to mark the third year anniversary … Apparently third anniversaries are often marked by gifts of leather, crystal or glass. Not sure how this helps, though! I’ll give it some thought and come back.
    Jo x

Thanks for your lovely comments on Unravelling, Jo.
    As for the anniversary, I’ve now got leather, crystal, glass and dogs ar possibilities. Mm!

7. Happy Anniversary to Unravelling. And well done on another award! Love Becky gethin

Thanks, Becky. Yes, I was pleased that people liked Unravelling’s cover!

Smashing news about third place for ‘Unravelling”s cover ~ well done 🙂

Hmmm … dogs, leather, crystal, glass … hmmm …

What about a Sunday lunchtime quiz on ‘what happened next?’ in the novel? You would read an exerpt and the audience would say / write what happened next … nah … you’ll probably want to do nibbles / drinks / readings from ~ this my best idea for this time of day 🙂

Thanks, Polly. Definitely think quiz is an option – just need to work out details of how best to do it.

How about using your new Twitter skills and invite people via a hashtag (I don’t really know what I’m talking about) to submit their favourite examples – preferably from history or literature rather than personal experience – of betrayal, which of course is one of the themes of ‘Unravelling.’ You could even offer a small prize for the most spectacular entry.

Thanks, Derek – that’s a good idea. I had thought I ought to be using Twitter for this, but as yet my #Twitter skills are #novice stage and I need to set up a proper #profile rather than the pretend one I used on the course. I wonder what #betrayal would produce!